All about search engine optimisation
Technology is developing at a high rate. It has directly affected the business world. Business owners are shifting their gears from the traditional marketing strategy and adopted the new digital marketing strategies. This brings us to the question, what is digital marketing? It is basically marketing brands or products and services through an electronic media. Digital marketing is different from the common traditional marketing strategies in that they pave way for people to carefully analyze their performance and determine if the selected strategy is working or not. Business people love marketing channels that allow them to view their conversion rates because they are in competition with other service providers. Before looking at some examples of digital marketing channels, let us start off by understanding why business people should incorporate technology while running their various operations:
• It allows customers to access updated information from their comfort zone.
• It grants you free time to carry out your other activities. As the name suggests, you simply need to program your marketing strategy and it will operate itself most of the time.
• Studies have revealed many people are using the internet to access information. They range from product or service description and entertainment among others.
• Lastly, people love brands they can trust. Online marketing strategies are one of the proven methods that can help brands become visible.
Let us look at some example of digital marketing strategies. They range from SEO, email marketing and social media marketing among others. We are going to focus on Search engine optimization.
Search engine optimisation
As earlier stated SEO can also be referred to as search engine optimization. This marketing strategy aims at making brands visible, through search engine. A person needs to have a website in order to use this marketing strategy. Websites are ranked differently on search engine. Search engine optimization helps websites improve rankings on search engine. This is through the use of web traffic.
History of Search engine optimisation
As earlier stated, this marketing strategy depends on search engines. Search engines are only two decades old. Marketing was difficult before the development of search engine optimization as a person had to handle everything manually. Moreover, people had to spend a lot of money when marketing their products and services. Digital marketing strategy was developed to make marketing not only easy, but very affordable. Studies have revealed search engines have given equal opportunities for both small and big companies. There are some small companies that are ranked top in search engines. Our lives have drastically changed since the establishment of search engines. It has changed how we connect with business institutions and our friends. A person doesn’t have to move from one place to another looking for a product or service. He/she can simply seek out the information online.
The current situation of SEO
Search engine optimisation has been ranked among the most effective digital marketing strategy in the current world market. Businesses are adopting this strategy for three main reasons; first it is quite affordable. Secondly, it has a high consumer conversion rates and lastly, many people prefer online services. Due to the development of search engine optimization, Google had to change their algorithm guidelines. Google took this initiative to encourage businesses to create high quality content that makes their brands visible to potential clients through social media shares and links among others. This statement has made a lot of people asking, what is the importance of SEO? Let us look at the importance of this marketing strategy:
• It gives customers an amazing user-experience. SEO agencies ensure the selected website is user friendly before using this strategy. This ranges from ensuring the website is properly structured and designed. In addition to this, they ensure the website is mobile optimized. These are websites that can be accessed and navigated through a mobile phone.
• It helps design content for the intended audience. Identifying with an audience in terms of goals and challenges can attract a large number of customers.
• Social media can be used hand in hand with search engine optimization to communicate with the targeted audience.
Today’s business world is all about effective communication. Search engine optimization uses many channels to ensure a Company effectively relays its intended message to the selected audience. In addition to this, there are some online guidelines which advise business owners on how to use this marketing strategy.
Here are some guidelines these agencies talk about:
• Thinking about relevant keywords that associate with the selected audience. This involves carrying out a research on the language your targeted audience uses to research products and services.
• Using designs that will attract your audience. This not only creates a lovable user experience, but also helps businesses in competing with their top competitors.
The future of SEO
As we all know search engine optimisation has been existence for about two decades, since the development of search engines. Looking back at the history of search engine optimization, we can clearly state business men and women have benefited from this digital marketing strategy. This marketing strategy has a bright future for three main reasons, namely:
• It creates a neutral ground for people to effectively compete. There are cases where small businesses are ranked on top on search engine. As we all know, it is difficult to find a marketing platform that provides equal opportunity for both small and big institutions.
• Secondly, SEO has a bright future because it can help make a brand visible to the targeted audience. It can also help create a positive impression of a particular brand. People always have a mentality that top ranked brands are basically big Companies and that they can be trusted. This can be beneficial to small business operators.
• Lastly, businesses that use search engine optimisation save a lot of marketing money. Digital marketing is very affordable when compared to many traditional marketing channels.
Return on Investment using SEO
Return on investment is important as it helps a person evaluate the performance of the business. Most traditional marketing strategies don’t have a platform for someone to analyze the performance of his/her business. SEO is unique in that it allows business owners to effectively analyze the performance of their business. Return is basically the profit or loss a person gets after deducting his/her capital. There are four ways a person can measure his return on investment while using search engine optimisation. Here they are:
• Increased traffic
• Non-branded organic traffic
• Marketing cost
Determining the revenue of your Company is the simplest way a person can evaluate the performance of his business. There are many factors that influence the amount of money a person gets. They range from links to web traffic. These SEO efforts not only directly impact the return on investment; but helps business owners make decisions on their selected marketing techniques.
This is the second method a person can measure his return on investment through search engine optimisation. As earlier stated, SEO fully depends on web traffic to be effective. Increased web traffic is linked to high conversion rate as many people are reading about the products and services the selected brand offers. A person should expect an increased return if his website has recorded an increment in web traffic.
Non-branded organic traffic
There are instances where potential customers can access a service provider website without using the appropriate keyword. Business owners who use SEO should research on the number of clients they acquired through this method. This can help a person determine the Company’s return from such clients.
Lastly, Companies using search engine optimisation can measure their returns on investment by deducting their marketing cost from the amount they generate.
Things to consider when using digital marketing strategies
Companies perform differently, despite using digital marketing strategies, in our case search engine optimisation. Here are some factors that influence the performance of a business when using SEO:
• The selected service provider- There are many service providers in the market a person can choose from. Your selected service provider can greatly influence the performance of your marketing strategy. A person should go for an agency that leads by example. This is basically on rankings on search engine.
• The selected marketing strategy-There are many strategies that can be used in SEO.They range from the use of social media and guest hosting among others. Some strategies are more effective compared to others, depending on the targeted audience.
• The layout of the website- Customers love websites’ that are easy to navigate and browse through. The layout of a website can attract or chase away potential clients. As earlier stated, clients love websites that are easy to browse through using mobile phones. There are many website designers in the market that can mobile optimise a website and redesign the layout of a website to give that professional look.
Based on the above information, it is evident SEO is the future of digital marketing. Companies should digitize their marketing strategies if they would like to stand out from their fellow competitors.